AB Commander is a free trial software application from the File & Disk Management subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2010-05-12. The program can be installed on WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win2000, WinServer.
AB Commander is a powerful yet easy to use tool that lets you manage files and folders using the convenient dual-panel user interface (pioneered in Norton Commander), while maintaining tight integration with the standard Windows shell. AB Commander has the following features:
- The main window of AB Commander hosts two panels, independently displaying the contents of folders of your computer, just like the built-in Windows Explorer does. Each panel may be used to browse all folders, both the virtual and real ones, located on local or remote drives.
- Powerful means of navigation between folders: the Favorites lists, the History lists, the Folder bar that lets you browse the whole hierarchy of folders; the drive bar and drive list, etc.
- Commands to directly manipulate files and folders (copy, move, rename, delete, synchronize, split, stamp, etc.).
- Built-in file splitter lets you split large files into smaller segments and then merge them back with ease.
- Built-in image viewer with the slide-show capabilities.
- Full-featured text editor that you can use as a replacement for Windows Notepad.
- Various ways of customizing the look and feel of the listings shown in the panels according to your preferences: single- or double-click activation, full row selection, underlining the hot or cold items, etc.
- Command prompt lets you quickly run programs that accept command- line arguments.
- Integration with Space Investigator, that lets you quickly locate the files that consume most space of your hard drive.
The evaluation version is fully functional and comes with a free 30-day license for the full use of the program.
AB Commander (version 7.5.5) has a file size of 3.47 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 247 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.